Sunday, October 5, 2008

čachtice

I spent this weekend at my parent's house in Myjava. Juro and I went out for beers with some friends on Friday night, then it was raining all Saturday but before I left for Nitra today, my friend Peter (Flexo), his girlfriend Dominika and I went for a little hike. We went to Čachtice castle, which is a ruin now. It is well known because of Countess Elizabeth Bathory, who lived there at the end of 16th and beginning of 17th century. She was accused of torturing and killing young women and girls and imprisoned in the castle. The legend says she bathed in the blood of virgins in order to retain her youth and beauty. 
Even though the castle doesn't have a very good reputation :), it was a nice hike and the weather was perfect. The view was beautiful - everything is so colorful. I love the fall! 

No comments: